Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I just acquired a slightly used 2015 Chevrolet Cruze ltz. Unfortunately the remote has not been stable at all. One minute I can use it to lock the car. The next minute I have to use the key to manually lock it. I have been told that it is not from the remote's battery. I need some help

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about the issue. Who told you it's not the key fob battery? I would change the battery then if problems persist, further troubleshooting would be required. Start with the easy stuff.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Do you have two fobs? How well does the other work? Do you have any added electronics to the car - especially in the area around the inside rear-view mirror? Like a dash cam?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,
I just acquired a slightly used 2015 Chevrolet Cruze ltz. Unfortunately the remote has not been stable at all. One minute I can use it to lock the car. The next minute I have to use the key to manually lock it. I have been told that it is not from the remote's battery. I need some help
I have just changed the battery but the problem is still the same. unlocking,location and remote trunk release buttons are okay but the remote vehicle start and locking of doors buttons are still not working. Currently I use the button on the drivers door handle to lock all the doors

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had the same problem with mine 4 months ago. The remotes and battery within were fine my dealer had to replace one of the signal antenna under the dash area it sent a code and the dealer found the problem. All is well again.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Since it's just one button on the remote, I have to think it's a faulty remote.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts