Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been using my starter in my 2012 Cruze as its been getting quite frosty. For some reason, even though I have my heater controls turned on when I use the starter none of the control lights are on like the yellow light on the defrost button. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,889 Posts
Remote start? Normal - none of the interior stuff really turns on until you stick the key in it/push the start button.

Also, heat-wise, the 1.4L makes almost no heat at idle, making remote start almost pointless unless it's running the rear defrost.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
When I use my starter, the only thing that comes on are the exterior side markers and the tail lights. As soon as I get in my car, and use the push to start, all lights come on as normal.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very interesting. I wonder what good the remote starter is if it doesn't function for winter conditions? I hate scraping ice. Would be nice to get it warmed up and thawing before I even go out to the car.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Very interesting. I wonder what good the remote starter is if it doesn't function for winter conditions? I hate scraping ice. Would be nice to get it warmed up and thawing before I even go out to the car.
Mine works quite well for defrosting the windshield ect.
Must be something wrong with it???

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
That's just it! Until I turn the key after using the remote start I have never felt heat and the A/C is always deactivated, despite how it was set before the car was shut off, although the cabin blower blows. To be honest I'm not sure the heat feature would even make a difference in the first few minutes of a remote started CRUZE on a cold day. I sure miss my leather heated electric 8 way adjustable chair on the Hyundai although it didn't have a remote start. I used the remote start this morning, I love it!

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
I usually preset my temps when I exit the car for the evening & if I know the next morning is going to be cold. I remote start my car & when I go get in it, it warm & the seats are heated just slightly make it nice on the cold mornings w/ the leather. There is a option on the panel if you have heat seats to have them turn on during remote start. Gotta love the remote start!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,889 Posts
That's just it! Until I turn the key after using the remote start I have never felt heat and the A/C is always deactivated, despite how it was set before the car was shut off, although the cabin blower blows. To be honest I'm not sure the heat feature would even make a difference in the first few minutes of a remote started CRUZE on a cold day. I sure miss my leather heated electric 8 way adjustable chair on the Hyundai although it didn't have a remote start. I used the remote start this morning, I love it!
Look in the remote start/vehicle settings on the radio. There's an option in there on mine, and I seem to remember it being there on the old ones, for what it will do with remote start (e.g. fan speed, etc).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll have to check that. I think it runs about 10 minutes then shuts off. In that time the windshield is NOT defrosted at all.

Look in the remote start/vehicle settings on the radio. There's an option in there on mine, and I seem to remember it being there on the old ones, for what it will do with remote start (e.g. fan speed, etc).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All I saw was the lighting options as well. I think I'm just gonna not bother with using the remote start since it doesn't heat up using it. I guess it's the old fashioned way of going out in the cold to start the car myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.