Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Cruze, with two remotes. Not the FOB style with the keyless entry and push to start, but with the flip out key and buttons to mash. (maybe mash is a bad adjective here.) Worked just fine this morning in the negative degree weather, worked just fine this evening in the barely above negative weather, and now I get home and none of it works. Lock, unlock, trunk, nothing on either remote. The only threads I have found are for FOB's and about the ignition cover not closing all the way, which mine is. Batteries are fine. Any ideas?

Thanks
Josh

·
10,712 Posts
Other item from reading older threads is some outside source is interfering with the signal. can you get them to work while siting inside the car?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I have a 2014 Cruze, with two remotes. Not the FOB style with the keyless entry and push to start, but with the flip out key and buttons to mash. (maybe mash is a bad adjective here.) Worked just fine this morning in the negative degree weather, worked just fine this evening in the barely above negative weather, and now I get home and none of it works. Lock, unlock, trunk, nothing on either remote. The only threads I have found are for FOB's and about the ignition cover not closing all the way, which mine is. Batteries are fine. Any ideas?

Thanks
Josh
Hey HammerFistJohn,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your vehicle remotes. Your local certified Chevrolet dealer would be able to check and make sure everything is working properly. Would you like assistance with setting an appointment? If so, please send a private message with your contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealer.

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2011, when I lock it with my FOB, the alarm goes off. Chevy told me the comms has been lost between the vehicle and the FOBs. They will fix it for a mere $235!
My lucky day!

Don't think I'll be "Cruzn" for long. This Cruz has had so many issues, SO MANY. Not to mention like 6 or 7 recalls.
I'm thinking Honda...................Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So after about 2 hours, both remotes worked perfectly. There was a decent amount of snow on the ground the night that this happened? I was goofing around and sliding sideways down my street with the snow coming up and over the top of the car. Is there any sort of sensor that may have had condensation or been completely covered by the snow?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The receiver is in that thick plastic area by the inside rear-view mirror. Nice and safe from any snow or weather.

I remember at least one person reporting problems with a dash cam mounted there that caused interference.

Any message like "battery saver" on the DIC when you finally got it going? That might cause the car to shut down the receiver - to save power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts