Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, airplanes and animals, have imported several German Shepherd pups from Germany, far more cautious on breeding. No immigration papers, just shot records, and everybody was extremely friendly.

But certainly not the case when importing people, all kinds of red tape, super expensive, and meet some of the meanest people in the world.

With dogs, can let them go free in the back seat of my vehicle, can stretch out and sleep. Can't do this with my grandkids, have to be tied down tight so they can't even move.

Had problems with American bred Shepherds, torsion, the stomach can twist cutting off the blood supply, extremely painful, only solution is to gently put them to sleep. But not with people, restricting pain killers with long term illness, so die after an extremely long painful death.

Feel animals have it better than people.

·
Administrator
25,087 Posts
Must have had a mouse problem. :)

That looks like a young cat that went exploring and took a nap. When I saw this last night I wondered why didn't the pilot do a pre-flight check, but this cat was way back in the wing and not visible.

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wondered why didn't the pilot do a pre-flight check, but this cat was way back in the wing and not visible.
I'm not sure about "not visible" but probably not in the normal areas that get a pre-flight.

Then again, it depends on how much time lapsed between the pre-flight and the the takeoff.

I'll bet the pre-flight gets changed from here on. :)

·
Administrator
25,087 Posts
That was one unhappy looking cat. I bet it never sleeps in one of those gliders again.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Looks staged to me, but then I am paranoid. Ha, wasn't born this way, but sure became this way.

Why is that pilot sitting on the right hand side?

After 9/11, the feds came over to the five airports I was maintaining to put in high fences all around. Average airport took about six miles of fencing. Guess it was to keep planes like shown in the video above from crashing into the Sear Tower.

Spent money on this, but not a cent to upgrade some equipment that was over 40 years old. But now this is also history, switching to GPS now, so that ended this job for me.

One of the airports has commercial flights with security guards all over the terminal, but all you need is a pair of bolt cutters to get in. Just telling you the way it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts