Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been away for a while but I'm back and have a quick question. You know the ugly as could be chrome trim underneath the windows? I'm going to black that out with the rest of the chrome on my car. I was just wondering if I could easily pop that off to paint it so I don't have to do any masking work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
First off I have never plasti dipped but only thought about it. But I have watched lots if videos and it seems it may just be easier to paint with a couple if inches on the door and window. Then when you peal it, it breaks at the edge. They make it seem easy haha.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Resident Derp
2,815 Posts
Open your doors, then grab the trim from the corner and pull straight up. Don't be afraid it just slides down on top of the door and will pop right off. The only thing is that the chrome piece on the little triangle on the quarter panel wont pop off, so just mask it off with tape and peel off any excess PD.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Open your doors, then grab the trim from the corner and pull straight up. Don't be afraid it just slides down on top of the door and will pop right off. The only thing is that the chrome piece on the little triangle on the quarter panel wont pop off, so just mask it off with tape and peel off any excess PD.
Thank you, that is what I was looking for. Cheers.

·
Registered
422 Posts
and putting them back on is simple as well? I am looking to remove mine to plastidip them too.
thanks
Yup, the door trim pops right back on. I did this on the LS and didn't have any alignment issues after either. As Smurfenstein said, the little triangle isn't removeable and it's much easier just to mask and spray.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts