Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Remove Clogged Catalytic converter?

31320 Views 25 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  atikovi
Hello, so my 2012 1.8l LS Cruze @ 130k miles just threw the "low efficiency" catalytic converter code. Chevy says I need a new one and it would be $700+ but I'm thinking of straight piping it because I'm getting rid of this car next year, is that possible without buying an exhaust manifold? It looked like the Cat was in the downpipes right after the upstream o2 or is that just fooling me and it's actually behind the down stream o2 in the middle of the car?
Hello, so my 2012 1.8l LS Cruze @ 130k miles just threw the "low efficiency" catalytic converter code. Chevy says I need a new one and it would be $700+ but I'm thinking of straight piping it because I'm getting rid of this car next year, is that possible without buying an exhaust manifold? It looked like the Cat was in the downpipes right after the upstream o2 or is that just fooling me and it's actually behind the down stream o2 in the middle of the car?
See more
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2012, I am having the P420 code. replaced the cat under the car. When i pulled it off. All of the Catalyist material came out of the cat. It just poured out looked like a pile of rubble replaced it from the dealer installed it myself. Now i am getting the same code again. I am assuming the upper is bad now. Do they even sell these bolt ins ready to go for Cali cars? [h=2][/h]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.