·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
I think my pinstripes were clear coated over

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Then your car has been repainted and likely also been in a collision.

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
That vinyl pin stripping, get hard as a rock and cracks, wasn't even aware of the eraser wheels, used a heat gun to soften it, and plastic putty knife with the edge ground to a sharp point. Then mineral spirits to clean off the residue.

But this was some time ago. Got a kick out of the Snap-air tool, when I got interested in doing body work, purchased a bunch of air tools, but these things can really overload an air compressor, and air tools were the thing, so switched over to electric with all except an in-line sander.

Also curious about those eraser wheels attacking that rock hard vinyl without affecting the paint. These new water based paints are more like plaster than that hard shell finish.

We were forced by the EPA to go water based, they don't like solvents, not even for cleaning, so we had to switch to acids. Feel acids were worse on us then solvents, was vented anyway, but you cannot argue with the EPA. Water based paints are better today, but when we first used them, a whole new bunch of problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts