Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With spring break coming up next week for me i have a few little projects im gonna do with my cruze. But i want to remove the storage top on the dashboard and was wondering if anyone has done it and if they have any directions? I havent looked at it in detail in order to see how i could remove but before in order to save some time if anyone has done this a little help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
If you're talking about the flip-top compartment in the center of the top of the dash I can help you. Open the lid and remove the rubber pad in the bottom. That will expose 2 small hex screws (7mm, I think). Remove the two screws.

Then grab the little bar near where the latch closes and pry up. It will take a little force. This is the side of the cubby closest to the radio display. Once you get that area loose, you lift it up about an inch and then you can pull the whole assembly rearward, away from the windshield.

It took me a little while to figure it out. At first I tried lifting at the hinge side of the cubby but that end has two tabs that go under the dash top and you can't lift that end up without breaking something. So lift the latch end first and then pull the cubby rearward to get the two tabs out.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're talking about the flip-top compartment in the center of the top of the dash I can help you. Open the lid and remove the rubber pad in the bottom. That will expose 2 small hex screws (7mm, I think). Remove the two screws.

Then grab the little bar near where the latch closes and pry up. It will take a little force. This is the side of the cubby closest to the radio display. Once you get that area loose, you lift it up about an inch and then you can pull the whole assembly rearward, away from the windshield.

It took me a little while to figure it out. At first I tried lifting at the hinge side of the cubby but that end has two tabs that go under the dash top and you can't lift that end up without breaking something. So lift the latch end first and then pull the cubby rearward to get the two tabs out.
Yes thats what im talking about, couldnt really figure out what to call it exactly haha thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts