Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to camp out in my 2014 Chevy Cruz for a couple years and do some traveling. I have seen what it looks like when the back seat is removed and don’t like it... it’s not flat. So I plan to leave the back seat in place but want to remove the passenger seat. Has anyone done it? I would remove the track and all. Does anyone have some photos of what that would look like?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I've removed the seat. Everything removes by pulling the two torx bolts that are in the back of the sear rails. Push seat forward all the way, remove the two bolts, and carefully push seat forward, and lift hooks on the front of the seat rails out of the body of the car.

There is an electrical connector in a trap door. It has a lever like opening a pocket knife. I believe the connector is black, with the electrical switch portion being grey. With fingers on both sides of the grey part, lift up and open it like a pocket knife. Connector will literally remove itself from the car.

Airbag light will light, no problems, it goes out when it see's the seat again.

I installed heated seats, under the factory covers. I drove for two weeks with no passenger seat. The floor isn't flat either, but you might be able to get cushions to make it flat. Head down in the foot well, with feet up on the back passenger seat?

Or sleep in the rear passenger seat with more legroom?

Good Luck-

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,028 Posts
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Pretty easy actually. Two bolts and some connectors.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts