Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remove the sun visor on a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze eco. I have taken the cover off the mounting plate that secures the visor to the roof and removed the 3 screws on the mounting plate with a T-15 Torx screw driver. The problem is that the Sun Visor with the mounting plate is still mounted to the roof.

There is one other step that I can't figure out. (See link below at the bottom for the instructions I was trying to follow. Once you bring up the link, Scroll down to the part about the sun visor). There is a slot in the mounting plate (with a clip) that holds the sun visor on the ceiling of the car. There are two white tabs (one on the right and one on the left) inside that can be pulled together with needle nose pliers. The directions say: In this slot "there are two clips that need to be squeezed together and pushed through utilizing the needle nose pliers."

I have no idea what is meant by "pushed through." Pushed where? I tried squeezing he clips together to "pull" them down towards me and that doesn't do anything. Pushing on them doesn't accomplish anything either. I'm stuck and I can't mounting plate off or the visor off, because that part of the instructions makes no sense to me.

I took a couple of pictures of my mounting bracket and sun visor if that will help. The first picture is just a photo of my sun visor. The second photo is a close up of the mounting bracket. The Slot in the mounting bracket with the two white tabs is the wide, narrow slot towards the top of the photo.

Vehicle Car Auto part Material property Windshield

Power plugs and sockets Electronics Technology Electronic device Electrical supply

Here is a link to the instructions I was following: http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/161-gen1-interior-tutorials/9891-how-remove-headliner.html

·
Registered
226 Posts
Fictional character Auto part Lego Technology Electronic device Power plugs and sockets Auto part Electronics accessory
Here's what it looks like on the back and a closer look at the clip you need to use the needle nose pliers on. Just open the pliers up as much as you can inside the slot then squeeze the two sides of the clip inside the slot. It will then pop right out. To replace, just push it back in until the clip snaps back in then replace the 3 screws and then push the trim piece back on.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Been a while since I swapped a broken one out, but I think you might need to rotate it slightly clockwise while you squeeze the clips in the slot together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts