Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to replace the infotainment screen on the Cruze or remove it all together and put storage in its place? It is a 2011 LT and out of warranty. The screen must've gone bad at some point, and just always shows "Elapsed Time 0:00" now. Took it to the shop, they told me it is defective and needs replaced. Radio, and all alerts do not currently work; Turn signal sounds, etc. I bought an aftermarket double DIN radio to install, trying to figure out the best place to put it. Ideally, I would like to put it in the same spot as the bad screen. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the shop I took it to said the screen is wired in series and they weren't able to get output from it. They also said a new one has to get programmed by the dealer. Is this true or can I just swap it for a new one?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at my book, the radio goes between the screen and anything else. It's possible the screen is messing up the radio, but I wouldn't make any bets on it.

If you replace the radio, you'd need one that can interface to the car's bus or do without those features.
I did buy the module that lets the new radio still interface with the alerts. But worried with the bad screen those still won't work. I guess I will find out when the parts arrive tomorrow.

http://imgur.com/M93X73Q that is a picture of the screen currently.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did buy the module that lets the new radio still interface with the alerts.
But that's different from still having access to the menu items.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet that is a picture of the screen currently.
I'm not sure where the circuit that translates stuff to the bitmap is done. It could be memory error in the radio causing a bad bitmap, or could be bad screen decoder circuit. I don't have any info on the "division of labor" between the two units.
Okay so maybe I'll see something when o replace the radio then

1 - 5 of 5 Posts