Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a preliminary, only 2,000 miles on them-(4) Continental Pure Contacts 215/55R17, 94V. I don’t have enough data on them yet. But right from when they were installed, my MPG dropped & stayed lower as compared to one year ago. Right now I am saying 2.5-3%. Driving habits or routes have not changed since car was new. Same 37 PSI in them-cold. Might not seem like a lot, but on a 48 MPG car in warm weather, that is over 1 MPG. I could have saved some money by going with the Goodyear FuelMaxs. The Pure Contacts (Safety) are rated better, especially in the snow (my main complaint with the Goodyears)-I’ll report on that & the ride in the Tires Technical Discussion when I have more experience on them.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE:
I put 56,000 miles on these Conti Pure Contacts, they are worn out. I’ve been happy with their performance in most conditions. On snow & ice, when turning, Cruze still wants to go straight. Not enough weight up front-lack of downforce-snow tires would not help this issue. I lost over 1.5 MPG compared to the OEM Goodyear FuelMax, but a safer ride with an extra 15,000 miles of tread life. In the (3) years that I had them on, IMO, the market has nothing new out with better ratings in the 17” ECO size. In November, I purchased another set of these, expecting the same results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts