Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, short story have replaced the turbo twice, the fan constantly runs at a high speed! And the motor always runs and feels hot but doesn’t show on the dash. Constantly having to put water in the reservoir: Never find any leaks anywhere. Well the smart pants I am after putting water in it yesterday I forgot to put the cap back on and drove it about 15 to 20 min before it shut off on me. That’s when I realized I forgot to put it back on!🤦🏻‍♀️Let it sit about 20 min before I put some water In it and it immediately start bubbling. So, I let it sit overnight and put more water in it and tried to crank it. It’s turning over but not cranking: there are a few paces I see water coming out around the motor or tubes: Any idea what all I could have screwed up?!! I’m scared to even know!! The code that popped up was PO599.

·
Premium Member
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
507 Posts
💥

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,553 Posts
Instead of being smart like all of the others, I will attempt to give some advice. That code is for the thermostat, I would start of by replacing it with an AC Delco one. Refill everything and then check for leaks. You can also pressure test the cooling system and look for leaks. If you don't know what you're doing I would take it to a private mechanic to have it looked at and repaired.

It is pretty likely you blew the headgasket and warped the head though while driving for 20 minutes with the cap off. The cooling system cannot pressurize and get coolant moved through. That means the engine is scrap.

Reactions: Diamond193

·
Registered
654 Posts
Instead of being smart like all of the others, I will attempt to give some advice. That code is for the thermostat, I would start of by replacing it with an AC Delco one. Refill everything and then check for leaks. You can also pressure test the cooling system and look for leaks. If you don't know what you're doing I would take it to a private mechanic to have it looked at and repaired.

It is pretty likely you blew the headgasket and warped the head though while driving for 20 minutes with the cap off. The cooling system cannot pressurize and get coolant moved through. That means the engine is scrap.
👀👀

·
Premium Member
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
507 Posts

Thanks for giving advice. Sometimes I'm just a smart*** ;)

Reactions: Thebigzeus

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, sad to say it sounds that you really hurt the engine. Depending on how bad you hurt it (after it gets properly diagnosed this time, that is) you might be money ahead to find a good low-mile used engine from a reputable boneyard and just replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
89 Posts

You just gave the long answer vs our short answers lol same message though; 💥

1 - 9 of 9 Posts