Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Really need some help here. 14 cruze 1.4l (out of warranty)

A few weeks ago my car started to have multiple problems all at once. First the idle became rough and severely lacked power at times. I had codes such as p0106, p0171, p1101, and "stability control needs service". At the same time, one of the tensioner pulleys began to squeal very loud on idle. Everything indicated that it was a bad PCV so I replaced the valve cover with an aftermarket option. During replacement, I had a small plastic piece break from the coil pack and drop under the cams. I could not remove it and lost track of it after multiple hours. (Coil pack was replaced as well)

Put everything together and ran the car. It lacked power and started to smoke heavily from the exhaust manifold and tailpipe. Engine runs super rough and almost dies at times, there was also a ticking/cracking sound from under the valve cover. We removed the coil pack and valve cover to see if the plastic peace reappeared. Cranked the engine a couple of times to move the cams and lifters and it ACTUALLY STARTED!!! The car started twice with no coil pack anywhere near it.

Also noticed an oil leak from under the manifold cover where the smoke was coming from (pic attached - RED CIRCLE, please ignore yellow)Im really not sure what is going on or what to do. Someone please advice on this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am betting if you pull that turbo, you are going to find a crack right down the middle of the waste gate port, allowing your oil to pass into the exhaust flow.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
There are also video's on Youtube that the turbo oil line drain into the oil pan has collapsed, causing oil from the turbo oil like feed to back up and start coming out the clamp.

This can also be seen if you have a PCV issue. If there's excess pressure down in the oil pan this can restrict the turbo ability to drain back into the pan.

This excess pressure could be the orange check valve in the intake missing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@carbon02 thanks for the info!! I replaced the entire Turbo with exhaust manifold today and it solved nothing :(. The valve cover has been replaced as well but I still hear a hissing sound from the back of the engine somewhere mid intake (probably the valve you are talking about). Also the turbo drain started leaking but we did move it around.

I'll look into your solution, I just hope it's not that little plastic piece from the coils that broke off and fell into the valves.

There are also video's on Youtube that the turbo oil line drain into the oil pan has collapsed, causing oil from the turbo oil like feed to back up and start coming out the clamp.

This can also be seen if you have a PCV issue. If there's excess pressure down in the oil pan this can restrict the turbo ability to drain back into the pan.

This excess pressure could be the orange check valve in the intake missing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts