Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the valve cover on my 2013 Cruze 1.4L Ecotek. There was a lot of carbon build up in the front oil port thingy. I vacuumed a bunch out, but who knows. After 120K miles, the gasket was pretty hard in some spots. Some scraping was required.

After replacing the cover, which does not leak, I replaced the spark plugs as well. The plugs were disturbingly easy to remove. The far left one did not require a wrench at all and there was black/brown residue in the plug access hole.

Now, a few days later, I noticed my exhaust is blue.

Could this be maybe some gasket bits had fallen into the cylinders when I replaced the plugs? Will they work themselves out, or have the seats been wrecked?
Or, could this be that gunky crunchy oil front oil hollow?
What have I done!? Suggestions, please!

Thanks,
db

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am pursuing advice that there is a possibility that the previous issues left a good quantity of oil in the heat transfer thingy between the turbo and intake. Appreciate the fatalism, though.

Btw, less oil everyday blowing out the tailpipe, just a tiny bit on morning startup. No leaks today. Am going to suck out the heat transfer thingy tomorrow to see if oil is still in there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did clean out the intercooler and the charge tubes. That seems to have fixed the blue smoke.

However, now I've got a straight up oil leak on the passenger side of the engine. It looks like it might be the new cam shaft cover gasket. If that's what it is, that's frustrating because I was diligent about following the bolt torque pattern and the torque spec.
There is oil all over the front passenger side, below the cam shaft cover. I'll post this in a new thread, I guess.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did clean out the intercooler and the charge tubes. That seems to have fixed the blue smoke.

However, now I've got a straight up oil leak on the passenger side of the engine. It looks like it might be the new cam shaft cover gasket. If that's what it is, that's frustrating because I was diligent about following the bolt torque pattern and the torque spec.
There is oil all over the front passenger side, below the cam shaft cover. I'll post this in a new thread, I guess.
Replaced the cam cover gasket with a much nicer one from Advanced Auto. It's been working great for months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts