Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
15,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The INJEN EA synthetic nanofiber (made by AMSOIL) dry replacement/upgrade filter for the K&N (1.4L) Cruze "Typhoon" SRI intake has been confirmed to fit perfectly without rubbing.

Maintenance:
Vacuum/compressed air dusting every 25,000 miles, 100,000 miles total service life.

Benefits:
  • No spraying, no oiling, no washing, no cleaning, no MAF fouling, no turbo dusting, and no elevated silicone levels in the oil. (http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/10-powertrain/50169-k-n-filter-dissected.html)
  • Over ~25% increase in filtration surface area through 1.5" increased length and increased pleat density over the K&N filter for improved capacity, improved flow, and extended service life.
  • Exceeds OEM paper/cellulose absolute fine particle filtration. Leaves K&N wet gauze filters in the dust (pun intended) with regard to absolute filtration.
  • All-around, the best cone filter you can get.
Where to buy:
Our vendor Bad News Racing now stocks this filter:
Injen Super-flow Web Nanofiber Dry Air FIlter

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Man would it be nice if some manufacture would make a short ram intake with this filter and a screen before the mass airflow sensor(to smooth airflow and eliminate surging in some low throttle conditions).

·
Administrator
15,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man would it be nice if some manufacture would make a short ram intake with this filter and a screen before the mass airflow sensor(to smooth airflow and eliminate surging in some low throttle conditions).
I'm working on it with TRE. (Treadstone Performance)

Sent from mobile.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very nice. Just installed mine today :) Trying to post pictures for you and it won't let me.

·
Administrator
15,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice. Just installed mine today :) Trying to post pictures for you and it won't let me.
Email them to me if you want and I'll post them for you. Andrei at xtremerevolution dot net.

·
Administrator
15,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
611 Posts
I sure wish they made a SRI for the diesel:-/

·
Registered
435 Posts
Where did you find that pre filter? That's the only thing stopping me from getting a new filter. I have a pre filter on my current K&N filter and love it.

·
Administrator
15,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does any1 know if they sell the filter with the pre filter or do you gotta order it separate?
You have to order that separately. I'll shoot Jerry an e-mail.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts