Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I just got my filter and pre filter today, the injen part number for the pre filter I got was x-1038blk
Does anyone who has ordered the pre-filter know if it looks like the one pictured? Also for those who have upgraded to this filter, can someone post a picture of the clearence issues some seem to have or take a measurement on how close this filter sets to the wheel well?

·
Registered
10 Posts
im not sure about the amsoil filter but the k&n is garbage I would never use one, they do not filter out small particles and the oil just acts as another restriction also if u have a mass and over oil you could be doing damage, I personally just change the air filter every time I do an oil change. if you would like to go with a good aftermarket performance your best bet is oil filmed foam filters the degrade quickly compared to regular but they give u the maximum filtration with the benefits of flow

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
im not sure about the amsoil filter but the k&n is garbage I would never use one, they do not filter out small particles and the oil just acts as another restriction also if u have a mass and over oil you could be doing damage, I personally just change the air filter every time I do an oil change. if you would like to go with a good aftermarket performance your best bet is oil filmed foam filters the degrade quickly compared to regular but they give u the maximum filtration with the benefits of flow
The EA Nanofiber filters have been tested to exceed OEM filtration efficiency. They are rated absolute as opposed to nominal. Their claim to fame is not performance, but rather capacity, given a 100k mile guarantee with air cleanings every 25k miles. Where the performance comes in is the increased surface area.

Oiled filters are absolutely terrible for actual filtration efficiency. K&N does it best and even that is saying a lot considering they pass literally 10x more dirt than OE filters and have a MUCH lower capacity to boot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bringing this thread back instead of starting a new one...

I just ordered a K&N Typhoon 69 Series SRI but after reading this thread, I also ordered up an Injen Dry Element replacement and Injen Hydroshield pre cleaner just for the extra protection! It cost me an extra $67 but well worth it for peace of mind!

Here is what I ordered:

K&N SRI - 69-4521TS
Injen Dry FIlter - X-1051-BB
Hydroshield (Black) - X-1057BLK (Does have the logo badge instead of silk screen!)

Anyone have issues with the Injen filter being a little longer than the K&N?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Since the injen is bigger, does it still yield the same amount air flow as the K&N filter? I just received my injen filter for my K&N intake and I am wondering if it would interfere with the tune. I highly doubt it would mess with the tune, but figured I would ask anyways. I am going to save my K&N filter and do some proper stress testing (for air flow and dirt filtration).

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
will be purchasing soon!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I was curious I’m looking into either getting a cold air or a short ram intake for mine and I didn’t know which one is better I live on the coast and if it rains a lot there’s a quite a bit of water on the road and on windy days there’s a good bit of sand so those are what scare me with a cold air because I don’t want to suck any of that up. But I found a hood with functional vents so I was looking at a short ram. Please help lol thanks in advance
chris

41 - 49 of 49 Posts