Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am Scott from Big Lake, MN. I work as a heavy equipment operator in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. I recently (3/18/2017) replaced my 2008 Aveo work vehicle with a 2016 silver Cruze Premium w/ 11,850 miles. I decided to join to keep up to date with info about my car, share my experiences with it as we go forward, and to thank all the members here for the information posted on this site. :rock: It helped me narrow my search for a new (to me) work vehicle.

I live 50 miles out from downtown Minneapolis, my current daily commute is 56 miles one way. I have 196 miles on my Cruze so far, and was pleasantly surprised by the mpg so far. The cruddy inside the garage at night pic of my Cruze taken with my dirty work phone is posted in my Garage, I will get a better shot of it tomorrow and post it here.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where's the pic's!
Apologies, work was way too exciting on Friday and I forgot. Out of town for a volleyball tourney, and we took the wife's new Equinox. I'll get some decent outdoor pics tomorrow.

On the plus side, at 306 miles into my first tank of fuel thru it, we are at 40.2 mpg. My route has 8 miles of 2 lane 55 road, about 6 miles total of city driving with stoplights, and just under 40 miles of interstate driving which is 75 mph in the morning and 20% stop and go in the evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have you know I treat my IPhone 5c with the respect it deserves! Which means I spit on the camera port and wipe it with my thumb before taking pics.

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad you're enjoying your new purchase!

Reactions: Cat385B

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Same thing today, computer is .8 higher than actual. 362.5 miles, 8.888 gallons: 40.8 mpg.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A little update to my Cruze ownership, the last three tanks of fuel netted me 40.5, 39.2, and 42.4 mpg.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Can't complain with that! Glad you're enjoying it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts