Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have had a 2012 Cruze Eco and put almost 99,000 miles on it; last week I decided it was time to trade it in for a new one after seeing some of the fairly substantial deals at my local Chevy dealer. Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and purchased a 2015 Cruze LT1. Everything is almost identical to my 2012 Eco except for the black cloth/mesh on the doors/dash that I cannot stand. I feel like the small detail of the gray "leather" I had in the 2012 made a substantial difference. I've been lurking on these forums for a long time, and after poking around, had seen that you can most definitely replace the panels. Some of you guys were even nice enough to post up some tutorials for removing them (which I'm pretty sure I've got down now). What I couldn't find an answer to, is how to wrap the material I purchase onto the new panels. I'd really like to avoid spending $300-$500 to have them reupholstered. If any of you gents with the fancy-colored panels could give me some incite or suggestions I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I see people use 3m spray adhesive, I'm not sure what you actually should use though. I haven't had these doors apart... yet... I will soon though, actually, maybe even today.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I was reading, folks actually stretched fabric onto the panels. Hoping to get this going this evening :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was actually looking for them (or something similar) but unfortunately Chevy does not sell them.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I believe I have all of the dash panels in grey off a 2012 LS. You can have them for $20+shipping or pick them up you're near Chicago. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PM'ed. I may still want to do some custom, so if anyone has the answer to this, I'd really appreciate it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts