Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hi guys

So I reached out to the cylinder head shop and sent the pictures of the damage. They told me to go ahead and return the head so I’m shipping in back for a replacement or a refund. Looks like I’ll get another shot at this, definitely checking torq specs and pouring oil on the next head I get. Could be a week or so before I get a replacement.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hi guys
I know it’s been a while but I am still working to get the Cruze fixed. Long story short I got another refurbished cylinder head and installed. Started the car and it sounded so much better than the first time I tried to replace it ( got the timing right for sure this time) car ran for about 30 seconds and I noticed a coolant leak at the coolant temp sensor. Shut the car off and pulled the sensor to find the oring had a tear. So I replaced the oring and reinstalled the coolant sensor. Now the car will not start? Turns over fine and it sounded great for the 30 seconds it did run before I shut it off. Any ideas? I did forget to unplug the negative battery terminal when I pulled the sensor is it possible that is causing the non start?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well I tried unplugging the battery to reset computer but no luck. I’m at a loss the car started fine and was shut off to address the coolant leak can’t understand why it won’t start now

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hi guys

still troubleshooting why the car won’t start a second time after replacing head and starting up successfully on the first try. I’m going to test compression this weekend and I have an air compressor so I might do a leak downtest as well. Looking for some advise on other tests to perform since I really don’t think it’s a compression issue but I want to rule it out for sure. I’ve read up on cam/crank sensors causing a no start but when it comes to electrical work I’m a newbie, I have a multimeter and can get other tools if needed.If anyone could make some suggestions on what to test I will run down that list to rule out what I can try and narrow down to the cause of the problem. Thanks in advance.. I’m determined to fix this car not only because it’s needed but because I want to learn.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Well not that it matters but I figured I’d post to let everyone know I replaced the temp sensor and tightened a loose ground wire coming from the distributor harness and the car started right up. Drove it about 50 miles home and no check engine lights no over heating engine sounds good car has good power. I feel like the test of time will tell how well I did the job but it’s running good once again. Thanks to all who contributed and helped me figure this out. Now I’ll be looking for a new front bumper and passenger fender in summit white. Deer and raccoon did some damage a few years ago might as well fix those while I’m at it.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts