Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2013 Cruze 2LT manual in Cyber Gray. Really enjoying the car, but I absolutely cannot STAND the black mesh fabric on the dash! Has anyone successfully switched it out for the panels in the LS? As well as being more functional, I prefer the two-tone look it gives. Thanks!

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
I just purchased a 2013 Cruze 2LT manual in Cyber Gray. Really enjoying the car, but I absolutely cannot STAND the black mesh fabric on the dash! Has anyone successfully switched it out for the panels in the LS? As well as being more functional, I prefer the two-tone look it gives. Thanks!
The trim on the dash is extremely easy to remove from your car to be re-upholstered or swapped with a similar piece. However replacing the trim on your doors is a much more difficult task.

My LS came with the two tone black/gray cloth seats with matching gray dash/door trim. Here is it re-upholstered:

In order to remove each of the three pieces do the following:

Left of steering wheel/HUD:
Open your driver door, grasp the side of the trim piece, and pull straight back to disengage the clip(s).

Right of steering wheel/HUD:
Use a trim removing tool to remove the U-shaped trim around your stereo/head unit. Then grasp the right side of the trim piece[should be fairly easy as there is an open side to fit your fingers into] and pull it straight back to disengage clip(s).

Passenger:
Open your glove box and remove the two screws located at the top of the opening. Then pull the piece up and towards you to remove.

Watch my video for a better look at the screws needed to be removed:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/14-chevrolet-cruze-media/12867-new-interior-has-arrived.html

·
Registered
386 Posts
The trim on the dash is extremely easy to remove from your car to be re-upholstered or swapped with a similar piece. However replacing the trim on your doors is a much more difficult task.

My LS came with the two tone black/gray cloth seats with matching gray dash/door trim. Here is it re-upholstered:

In order to remove each of the three pieces do the following:

Left of steering wheel/HUD:
Open your driver door, grasp the side of the trim piece, and pull straight back to disengage the clip(s).

Right of steering wheel/HUD:
Use a trim removing tool to remove the U-shaped trim around your stereo/head unit. Then grasp the right side of the trim piece[should be fairly easy as there is an open side to fit your fingers into] and pull it straight back to disengage clip(s).

Passenger:
Open your glove box and remove the two screws located at the top of the opening. Then pull the piece up and towards you to remove.

Watch my video for a better look at the screws needed to be removed:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/14-chevrolet-cruze-media/12867-new-interior-has-arrived.html
I love the way that looks

·
Registered
71 Posts
My 2014 2LT is 9-weeks-old.

...and, for some reason, my dash panels are vinyl, rather than fabric.

The 2013 LTZ Cruze I rented before purchasing mine, had the fabric, though.

...and, I thought it rather unusual for GM to use fabric on a dash.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hopefully the redesigned models won't have the fabric on the dash-terrible idea, IMO

My Wife and I actually love the cloth, espically with the red, and silver as the accent. Gives the car a more expensive feel I think.

Sent from my Droid Ultra

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Does the battery need unhooked to disable the airbag on the passenger side?

Sent from my Droid Ultra
No, the airbag is deeper, and not connected to the trim piece.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
That's Nice Smurf ! Even if I am happy with the material and color scheme I have . Now others can get real envolved with they're own ideas of what they would choose to look at driving down the road .

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is terrible! I still haven't replaced mine as I'm worried about the drama the door trim seems to bring. I just cannot keep the fabric free of dust and lint though!

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever have any luck swapping out your dash panels? I have the light grey panels on my cruze that I was looking to swap for the fabric if you might be interested in a trade. ..lmk

·
Registered
639 Posts
Maybe we should start a swap thread. I don't have fabric and want fabric.

Delivered from my pigeon

·
Registered
639 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts