Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2013 Cruze 2LT manual in Cyber Gray. Really enjoying the car, but I absolutely cannot STAND the black mesh fabric on the dash! Has anyone successfully switched it out for the panels in the LS? As well as being more functional, I prefer the two-tone look it gives. Thanks!

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
I just purchased a 2013 Cruze 2LT manual in Cyber Gray. Really enjoying the car, but I absolutely cannot STAND the black mesh fabric on the dash! Has anyone successfully switched it out for the panels in the LS? As well as being more functional, I prefer the two-tone look it gives. Thanks!
The trim on the dash is extremely easy to remove from your car to be re-upholstered or swapped with a similar piece. However replacing the trim on your doors is a much more difficult task.

My LS came with the two tone black/gray cloth seats with matching gray dash/door trim. Here is it re-upholstered:

In order to remove each of the three pieces do the following:

Left of steering wheel/HUD:
Open your driver door, grasp the side of the trim piece, and pull straight back to disengage the clip(s).

Right of steering wheel/HUD:
Use a trim removing tool to remove the U-shaped trim around your stereo/head unit. Then grasp the right side of the trim piece[should be fairly easy as there is an open side to fit your fingers into] and pull it straight back to disengage clip(s).

Passenger:
Open your glove box and remove the two screws located at the top of the opening. Then pull the piece up and towards you to remove.

Watch my video for a better look at the screws needed to be removed:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/14-chevrolet-cruze-media/12867-new-interior-has-arrived.html

·
Registered
386 Posts
The trim on the dash is extremely easy to remove from your car to be re-upholstered or swapped with a similar piece. However replacing the trim on your doors is a much more difficult task.

My LS came with the two tone black/gray cloth seats with matching gray dash/door trim. Here is it re-upholstered:

In order to remove each of the three pieces do the following:

Left of steering wheel/HUD:
Open your driver door, grasp the side of the trim piece, and pull straight back to disengage the clip(s).

Right of steering wheel/HUD:
Use a trim removing tool to remove the U-shaped trim around your stereo/head unit. Then grasp the right side of the trim piece[should be fairly easy as there is an open side to fit your fingers into] and pull it straight back to disengage clip(s).

Passenger:
Open your glove box and remove the two screws located at the top of the opening. Then pull the piece up and towards you to remove.

Watch my video for a better look at the screws needed to be removed:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/14-chevrolet-cruze-media/12867-new-interior-has-arrived.html
I love the way that looks

·
Registered
71 Posts
My 2014 2LT is 9-weeks-old.

...and, for some reason, my dash panels are vinyl, rather than fabric.

The 2013 LTZ Cruze I rented before purchasing mine, had the fabric, though.

...and, I thought it rather unusual for GM to use fabric on a dash.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
That's Nice Smurf ! Even if I am happy with the material and color scheme I have . Now others can get real envolved with they're own ideas of what they would choose to look at driving down the road .

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is terrible! I still haven't replaced mine as I'm worried about the drama the door trim seems to bring. I just cannot keep the fabric free of dust and lint though!

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever have any luck swapping out your dash panels? I have the light grey panels on my cruze that I was looking to swap for the fabric if you might be interested in a trade. ..lmk

·
Registered
639 Posts
Maybe we should start a swap thread. I don't have fabric and want fabric.

Delivered from my pigeon

·
Registered
639 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.