Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,165 Posts
This is data from a 2014, but should be identical.

[h=2]BRAKES[/h]
Type:
power front disc, rear drum w/ESC (std)
power 4-wheel anti-lock disc w/ESC (opt, std. on diesel)

Rotor diameter (in / mm) and caliper type:
front: 10.8 / 276 vented; single-piston w/steel caliper
rear: 10.5 / 268 solid; single-piston w/steel caliper

Rear drum size
(in / mm):

10.5 x 0.5 / 268 x 12
Total swept area
(cu cc; pad area):

front: 39.8
rear: 34.3

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,113 Posts
Thanks am going in today to get them would you know any website that sells brake conversions kit I want to turn my rear drum brakes in to discs breaks like the front
Why?

Unless you're autocrossing or racing the car, drums are generally lighter than disc brakes. Given the rear brakes don't do much of the braking anyway, unless you're doing repeated hard braking, it won't be worth the cost.

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,165 Posts
Thanks am going in today to get them would you know any website that sells brake conversions kit I want to turn my rear drum brakes in to discs breaks like the front
As @MP81 said, the rear brakes only contribute so much, 20% from what I remember. But if you are determined the cheapest route would be to go to a Pick N Pull or LKQ yard, pull it yourself. The Z-Link from what I have read in other threads can be swapped for the beam axle. I would make sure to get every last nut and bolt as well. Looks like about $100.00

LKQ Milwaukee - Prices

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.