Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
15,853 Posts
I actually considered that, but couldn't come up with a good way to do it. It's hard to see in the picture, but the tweeters have kind of a dome shape to them, and the only way i could see to hot glue them to the pillar would involve hot glue on the grill on the tweeters itself. Is there a better way, for future reference?
I have used hot glue to attach tweeters of all shapes and sizes. It can be done. Sometimes it takes more hot glue than others.

Sent from mobile.

·
Administrator
15,853 Posts
Extreme do you reccomend cutting the stock pills to fit a tweeter better or so it is not restricted by the factory grill? If that makes sense.....like cut a hole in the pillar cover/panel.
I did that to my own pillars but only because the dome protruded beyond the mounting plane of the tweeter and I needed a way to clear it. In my experience tuning two other Cruzes, it isn't necessary but wouldn't hurt. The problem is making it look good.

What I did is I took a fresh utility blade and slowly and carefully cut the pods out of the pillars. I must have made at least 10 laps around the pillars because the blade can slip easily and scratch the surface of the pillar which is unsightly. Once I was able to cut out the pod, I cut out the hole in the center and wrapped the whole thing with charcoal colored speaker grill cloth. I then glued it back with the hot glue gun.

That was spring of 2012 and it has been holding up perfectly. I posted a picture of it in my first sq car audio how-to thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.