Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Reprogram Computer after Fog Light Install?

7078 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  gfxdave99
I'll be picking up my new red Cruze Eco next week and am looking at options for the fog lights. According to gmpartsdirect, the computer needs reprogrammed after the install. It this true? If so, it might just be easier for me to have the dealer install them. I have read over the other fog light threads but haven't seen anything about computer issues. Also, where is the cheapest place to get these online if I went the self-install route?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The light is of little concern, so that's good news. Any suggestions on ordering the kit from either gmpartsdirect or the ebay sellers? The cheapest I have found including shipping is barely under $200.

· Premium Member
646 Posts
The light is of little concern, so that's good news. Any suggestions on ordering the kit from either gmpartsdirect or the ebay sellers? The cheapest I have found including shipping is barely under $200.
i spent about 30 minutes last night poking around the reaches of the internet and this is the cheapest shipped i could find

2011 CHEVROLET CRUZE FOG LAMPS - eBay (item 200559042127 end time Mar-27-11 15:15:11 PDT)

gmpartsdirect looks cheaper at first but ends up being 200 with shipping

· Registered
19 Posts
Don't buy from that seller..

i spent about 30 minutes last night poking around the reaches of the internet and this is the cheapest shipped i could find

2011 CHEVROLET CRUZE FOG LAMPS - eBay (item 200559042127 end time Mar-27-11 15:15:11 PDT)

gmpartsdirect looks cheaper at first but ends up being 200 with shipping
I asked this seller about the kit (what was included) and the person that replied said, "we don't know, we just sell them as is. If you want it, order it." Definitely would NOT recommend doing business with them..

· Registered
116 Posts
I have installed the fog light kit myself on my own 2011 Cruze LTZ and you DO NOT have to get your car reprogrammed to have the dash fog light symbol come on when you turn on the fog lights. The light works when you install the kit.

· Registered
159 Posts
Someone posted scans of the install instructions a while back. It appears that, from those instructions, if the car was manufactured before a certain date that the scan program may be needed. It probably will not be an issue for most.

· Registered
26 Posts
I have installed the fog light kit myself on my own 2011 Cruze LTZ and you DO NOT have to get your car reprogrammed to have the dash fog light symbol come on when you turn on the fog lights. The light works when you install the kit.
I have also installed this kit myself on my 2011 LTZ and you DO NOT have to reprogram to have the dash light come on. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.