Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at Best Buy this morning to pick up a new GPS and noticed this sign at the front of the lot. The only stalls closer to the door were handicapped. So naturally, I took advantage of the spot with pride!

Has anyone else seen this before? If so, where?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Seen this at best buy as well and I too took the spot! I have also seen (can't remember where) a sign saying reserved for hybrids and naturally, I had to park here too just to stick it to those overpriced battery operated vehicles (or BOVs as I call them). :) Legally, they mean nothing so enjoy these spots when you can.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Only way I could see it being a reserved parking spot would be if it had a charging station then naturally I would assume it would be a "pay for charging" parking spot.

Sent From An Antique,
My Original Droid.

·
Super Moderator
5,135 Posts
i saw this at a school so as not to pollute the air while trying to get the kids out of the car.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
I've only seen parking for hybrids down here lol. Havent been to best buy in a long time. Maybe it's something they want to implement before they go bankrupt?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Can't they write you a ticket (I doubt they actually care) because this is supposed to be for the EVs / Hybrids. As long as you have your Eco badge, I doubt they will noticed though :)
Nope. Legally, a cop an only issue a ticket if its a handicap spot and there is one other exception but I can't remember what that is.

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
There are spots in one parking lot that are reserved for "electric vehicles only". Every time I pass by, there was maybe 1 prius, and the rest were all beat up, shotty looking cars from the 80s-90s and even... a dodge cummins LOL.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
This makes prius owners more snotty. And this is coming from someone who would be considered a snotty guy with the car I have. Lulz.

Sent from my phone. Excuse my excellent grammar. Autoguide APP!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,301 Posts
This makes prius owners more snotty. And this is coming from someone who would be considered a snotty guy with the car I have. Lulz.

Sent from my phone. Excuse my excellent grammar. Autoguide APP!
Prius drivers are smug, slow-driving clowns. BMW drivers are just rude period.

That said, I'm rude back. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Delayed reaction , amazon does not have reserved parking spots .

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
My local bank branch has two spots reserved for "Low Emission Vehicles". The only car I've ever seen parked in them is my ULEV. But these signs are starting to sprout up around the area. Bowling Green State University has some free plugin hybrid only slots, but they are so far out at the edge of campus, you need a bike to get to class in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
My local bank branch has two spots reserved for "Low Emission Vehicles". The only car I've ever seen parked in them is my ULEV. But these signs are starting to sprout up around the area. Bowling Green State University has some free plugin hybrid only slots, but they are so far out at the edge of campus, you need a bike to get to class in a reasonable amount of time.
Do they have a secured bike storage area for you as well? :)

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out how hydro-electric power isn't considered a renewable energy source. If I saw one of these signs I'd be more than willing to park in that spot since I get better fuel economy than most hybrids on the market.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm still trying to figure out how hydro-electric power isn't considered a renewable energy source. If I saw one of these signs I'd be more than willing to park in that spot since I get better fuel economy than most hybrids on the market.
I literally swelled up with pride as I pulled into the spot! :giggle:

·
10,713 Posts
I haven't seen those signs here and they should for charging reasons. There is a EV charging station at the mall near Planet Fitness but I always see the employees for those stores parked there. I think I seen those in VA but it's been so long; you probably need the Clean Vehicle Plates to even park there the way Arlington and FairF**k'd county liked to ticket and run. The signs do exist on the PA turnpike at sideline plaza next to the police only spots in the front row. Besides me(in the TRAC Prius fleet vehicles) I never seen another EV park in that spot. Besides that, expecting mothers and with small children signs usually at Babies R Us and the grocery stores is all I seen that stands out to me.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Speaking of charging there is a nissan leaf at my wife's office that always parks in the garage near the outlet and charges his car during his entire shift. Pretty nice that work is paying for your "gas"!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts