Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be doing my first fuel fill-up tomorrow on my Cruze since taking ownership of her with an already full tank of gas on 12/12/15. I plan to be filling up with some 91 premium fuel from the Southern States gas station in town where I work. This gas station sells ethanol free gas, so I'm pretty excited about the possible performance and MPG gains I could see from using it! If not this winter, at least once the warmer weather gets here.

I wanted to ask, what DIC settings should I be resetting after my first fuel fill up tomorrow? Should I be resetting both the trip 1 & trip 2 odometer screens or just one of them? Is one of the trip odometer screens supposed to calculate and be used primarily for the Cruze's lifetime numbers while the other trip odometer screen is for all driving and trips taken between fill ups? Should the screen which displays my current speed, fuel range meter & instantaneous fuel economy figures also be reset, or left alone? Should I also be resetting the the Fuel Used screen?

I do plan on using the Fuelly app but my first Fuelly calculations won't actually take place until tomorrow's new full tank of gas runs out and I fill up again in a little over a week or so.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
It depends on how want to use them.

I tend to use Trip 1 for each tank of gas. I use Trip 2 for each day/commute. That way I have a MPG number for the day. If I'm doing something for work, then I use Trip 2 for that - since it goes down to 1/10 of the mile. (My work only wants distance travels - not odometer readings.)

There's also another screen for total gallons used. I'm not sure if that's lifetime or reset-able. I've not tried to reset it.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I reset trip 1 after each refill. I have never reset trip 2. It still show the lifetime numbers since I drove it off the lot, but I mostly just don't need it and I never even look at it. I imagine it could also be used to log your miles on smaller drives so that you don't have to reset trip 1 in between fill ups. I have never tried resetting the total fuel used.

I always get a receipt and write my mileage and trip 1 numbers on it before I leave the gas station. Later I put that information in a spreadsheet along with gallons, price per gallon, total cost, octane, and which station I used. That lets me track it over time. It's kind of nice to have a log so that you can see if anything changes.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Odometer one for fuel, number two for oil changes, GPS for trips. Always check fuel used before fillup, reset that, still wonder which one is inaccurate, fuel used or the pump. Use to have a state inspector, was canned to cut on government expenses, but okay for the governor to spend $600,000 just for overtime pay to his body guards when trying to run for president.

Can check the pumps myself with a five gallon gas can with a line on it that was carefully measured. Also reset average MPG.

Ha, wife reset everything first time she drove the Cruze, was use to pushing that end button to set the cruise. Ha, even I did that when not thinking. Had to be reprogrammed. Another was putting the MT in sixth gear to backup.

·
Registered
692 Posts
The cool thing about never resetting one, is that it shows your lifetime Avg mpg, which mine is off by .5 mpg compared to actual (Fuelly)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts