Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 1.4 LT2 25k miles Hello all havent been on here in a while. When i was in my driveway i put into reverse (while holding the brake) heard a continuous small squeaking sound. Not very loud but there. When i put it into drive or park and the sound went away, reverse sound came back. Anyone know what this could be? it doesnt do it everytime but my warranty will be ending this year want to make sure whatever it is will be taking care of. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
If the sound is only there for the first few light brake applications, but is gone for the rest of the day, it likely is damp brake shoes.
The material can and does absorb moisture from the air and will tend to squeal until it warms and dries out.

If it was making noise at all times it would indicate a actual problem.

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
There's been some reports of engine "chirp" - but only under certain conditions. I wonder if that's what you're hearing.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Have to determine where that squeak is coming from, just way too many variables, rear end, under the hood, etc.

A lot easier to determine the source is from the outside of the vehicle have a person whom you trust to slowly back up your Cruze when this squeak occurs. Ha, somebody that won't run you over.

For some squeaks, actually pedaled my bicycle along side, but on a very quiet road if you can find one.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It made the noise while not moving...Just sitting in my driveway with my foot on brake getting ready to back out. Put into reverse and i heard a slight squeaking sound not very loud but when i put to "drive" it stopped then back to reverse it started again then " park" it stopped. so it was only happening in reverse while not moving. Its coming from outside because when door is closed i couldnt not hear it i doubt it was brakes as i was not moving. Definately sounds like its coming from the engine area. wheni first had the car i had a squeaking issue. a really bad one. They replaced belt and tensioner and that didnt fix it. They couldnt figure it out. after 4 visits and a call to manufacturer it was some round gasket type thing around the engine dip stick. Dont think could be belt or tensioner since it ws replaced 15000 miles ago not even..

·
10,713 Posts
If the sound is only there for the first few light brake applications, but is gone for the rest of the day, it likely is damp brake shoes.
The material can and does absorb moisture from the air and will tend to squeal until it warms and dries out.

Rob
Would that have anything to do with that PI for the back rear drum noise for 11-13 Cruze? Not saying same for OP being 2LT.

·
Registered
155 Posts

Rob
Mine does the same, brakes are fine.... so I'm guessing it has to do with this.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Im pretty sure i found the cause. I was about to leave my house i was in my car and already started it. I forgot my SUNglasses so i ran back inside and WHEN I CAME OUT i heard this squeaking noise which im pretty sure was what i was hearing. My chrome tip for the exhaust pipe from the vibrations oF the engine running was making this squeaky type of sound. Id grad the exhauastpipe/tip and hold it still and the sound would stop. I kinda wiggled it around and pulled it away from bumper a little and it seemed to stop. For now at least.So I hope that is all it was that i was hearing in reverse whille sitting in my car with the door open the first time i mentioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts