Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Chevrolet Cruze LT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this may be a stupid question, but while driving back to TN from GA several days ago, I noticed a rhythmatic sound while driving at highway speeds. Sometimes it would go away and other times it would come back. I got 4 new tires installed before heading down. When I turn corners, I don't notice any new sounds, it's just while I'm driving at 45+mph, and it isn't constant. What could it be? All 4 tires are the same brand, same tread, etc.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,328 Posts
Probably road surface noise. Make sure your tires are properly inflated and the lights are torqued correctly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Different tires have different patterns that can create road noise. Depending on the type of pavement you're going over, that can change the volume and pitch.

Take it back in to the tire shop and have them look for any potential issues like uneven tread, dislodged plies, etc.

It is possible you got some defective tires. If it's unbearable, you may be able to get the tire shop to switch them out to something different.

Also look around online at reviews of those specific tires, others may have the same noisy experience....

·
Registered
823 Posts
could be a wheel bearing... I'm also in Tennessee 😁

check the torque on the lugs...they like to drill those on.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Did you get new tires that where the same or different brand and model. Each tire has its own noise vs another. Example my BFG sport comp 2 as have a roaring noise similar to mud terrains vs the LRR Goodyear. Not bad but it’s definitely there while the Goodyear where absolutely whispers on the road. Wheel bearings you should have noticed earlier but with new tires you also pay more attention so you may just have noticed them now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts