Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Cruze 1LT RS and was wondering if there was a way I could put hubcaps on my car. I bought it brand new and it looks like the wheel covers on it right now are all in one with the rim, so I wasn't sure if they were removable or not. Might be a dumb thread but it's the first new car I've ever had and all my previous used cars I could just pop off the hubcap and replace it with ones I wanted. Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
No such things as dumb questions or stupid threads! Well, okay, I guess there can be some exceptions to the rule but this isn't one of them so don't worry!

There's 2 main types of wheel styles. Aluminum alloy rims which do not have removable plastic rims covers and there's steel rims (usually black) that are fitted with plastic rim covers. If you have the RS package, I assume it came with the aluminum alloy rims? What do they look like?

There is a bit of confusion when it comes to hub caps and wheel covers. Technically a wheel cover is the entire plastic cover that covers the entire steel rim. The hub cab is just a small piece that covers the center or hub of the rim.

·
2,254 Posts
Take a picture and upload it for us, I'm curious.

And welcome to the forum by the way!

·
Super Moderator
5,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum and looking at the wheels if they are solid, you may have wheel covers. If you have 5 spoke wheels that are 17 inches, chances are that those are alloy wheels. 1 way to tell is looking at the lug nut area if you can turn a lug nut w/o turn the actual lug nut you have wheel covers. From my experience, the 16 in wheel covers on my 2011 LS, were held on by 5 plastic caps on wheel covers that screwed on to the lug nuts once loosened the wheel cover would come off to a solid steel wheel. Upload a pic and we will be more than happy to offer our assistance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts