Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Rim size alternative

2417 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  tmlferguson
Hey all,
So I've tried to research this a little and every site I go to seems to give me a different number for the correct size/conversion.

I have a 2013 RS which is equipped with 18" rims - 225/45/R18 tires.
With the winter approaching, I want to get some suitable rubber.
I'm considering going down a rim size (or 2) for winters as the 18s are rediculously expensive.

First off, does anyone have a reputable site that you've used that gives 100% accurate info with regards to rim sizing and tire sizing conversion that would allow me to get away without having to get my speedometer all messed up?

Second, Do you recommend going down to 16s or 17s? 16s is such a lower price range but I don't want it to mess anything up.

Thanks.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Hi.

Tirerack.com is the best.

You can buy the 16" steel wheels that are OEM for the base model. They fit. The correct tire size is 215/65/16 I believe. I'll double check. I'm going the same route this winter. Trust me, they fit. My friends in Ontario did it with RS Cruzen.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi.

Tirerack.com is the best.

You can buy the 16" steel wheels that are OEM for the base model. They fit. The correct tire size is 215/65/16 I believe. I'll double check. I'm going the same route this winter. Trust me, they fit. My friends in Ontario did it with RS Cruzen.
Thanks.
If you could verify, I'd appreciate it.
I've used tirerack before.
They do have some good prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.