Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Rip Cruze Diesel due to deer

6K views 41 replies 11 participants last post by  Rebooter 
#1 ·
In the middle of a freaking blizzard, a doe did like most of her kin.......didn't know where to eat, and was fecking around on roads in the middle of a whiteout blizzard, and BAM......flung it 30+ yards across 4 lane highway into the ditch opposite side. And I even have a dashcam, but the cam decided to portion up the size of the file and take a 30sec break right before I hit the dear and started recording as I turned into the center lane for my 1st emergency stop.
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Hood
Car Vehicle Wheel Hood Tire

See less See more
  • Sad
Reactions: jblackburn
#36 ·
I have some error codes pertaining to the grill shutters, but don't know if they are history ones or not, they got shattered in the process, I ripped out the motor and connected it hoping I would fool the cirucitry to thing they are still operating?

#39 ·
The grille shutter motor without the actual shutters will still cause a P059F/P069E code, because the motor senses the position for open and closed shutters. I've seen 2 methods for deleting the shutters over the years. 1 involves a resistor wired in place of the actual motor. The other involves fabricating stops to attach to the motor, which imitate the position of the open and closed shutter positions.

Ambient Temp Sensor attaches to the back of the driver-side fog light bezel.

#42 ·
Well, just an update now that I've put 5k miles on since I got it back on the road again, car runs beautiful and still have all DEF systems there. Only lights I get are still related to grill shutters so not worried. Getting close to 90k miles now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.