Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can not believe it, he was only 57. What a great talent. Have listen to his music since the early 80's. Had so many hits and wonderful music over the years. Was amazing how he could bring different styles of Rock/R&B/Pop together in one song. Let's Go Crazy had some great guitar rifts in it.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
True that ! He tore up the 80's

·
Registered
230 Posts
Talented artist and guitar player. He stayed true to his Minneapolis roots all these years. Palisade Park was just sort of open at times for people to go, hang out, listen to music, after party. Pretty cool. I'd never admit I was a fan, but I am.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I first got into prince in Jr high that purple rain soundtrack was bigger than people could think cause there was no internet media like now. He was the real deal. RIP glad I had a older brother to for some vcr movie selection like purple rain.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I can't say as I'm a big fan, but he certainly was a creative genius that did well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Prince was immensely talented. He played 26 instruments and was an awesome guitarist despite being unable to read music. He was a prolific song writer and wrote many songs for other artists. He was a great producer and promoter. He was a major-league performer and showman. He was in the Rock and Roll HOF, won multiple Grammys and even an Oscar. He did it all with flair and his unique professionalism. He will be missed.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
1999 was the very first compact disc that I ever bought. I used it as a test disc when I was shopping for my first CD player. I bought a now legendary Revox B225 that is still my primary player more than 30 years later.

Prince was an original. I heard him compared to both David Bowie and Quincy Jones in terms of his cultural and musical impacts.

It is another big loss for us all. But let it be known that we lived in his time.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,911 Posts
Sure wrecked my afternoon yesterday.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
As the Billy Joel song says "only the good die young"

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Outside of the usual suspects, "Future Baby Mama" and "Mr. Goodnight" were two of my favorite songs by him! RIP, Prince!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.