Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I commute about 40 miles each way 5 days/week on a 2 lane highway. For the past 3 weeks, it has been under extensive repair resulting in long delays and extended idling. Today, I started my CTD and was greeted with a CEL and reduced engine power message. Code P2463. Great. Appointment in 2 days at dealer for this and NOx position 1 sensor recall. Can I reasonably hope that a manual regen will fix it or will I be on the hook for a $258 DPF plus $100 x 1 hour labor?

·
Registered
144 Posts
How is the car running otherwise? Could be having trouble regenerating. I got the "reduced engine power" with cel and eventually "dpf full" while trying to get the car to the dealer. Issue was caused by a loose intake / charge pipe connection to the throttle body. Car noticeably smelled like diesel exhaust and drove poorly overall.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Car drove as one would expect with a reduced power message...not rough just anemic. Dealer performed the NOx position 1 sensor recall which they claim had failed and was preventing a regen cycle to occur. Road construction is finished. Time will tell.

edit: Also, the parts guy quoted $258 for a part that was NOT the DPF. The exhaust converter/DPF is apparently a $1200 part--which I did not need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts