Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,593 Posts
According to Chevrolet Warranty Home | Chevrolet Canada, my warranty includes road side assistance. I was about to get a CAA membership when I read this.

Are there any caveats I should know about? Has anyone had experience using GM for roadside assistance? Should I get CAA anyway?
Sorry, not sure but what is CAA? Is that California or Colorado etc automobile association?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So does any Canadian know the answer to my question? O=At the GM centre it says my warranty also provides roadside assist for the length of my warranty. Is this only for the original owner or does that transfer to anyone owning the car?

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
So does any Canadian know the answer to my question? O=At the GM centre it says my warranty also provides roadside assist for the length of my warranty. Is this only for the original owner or does that transfer to anyone owning the car?
I don't know O, but the Roadside Coverage will follow you through the Powertrain coverage as well. I also have the AAA to supplement this coverage for various other reasons.

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
CAA does not bring anything to your motoring experience beyond what you already receive from GM roadside assistance.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
CAA does not bring anything to your motoring experience beyond what you already receive from GM roadside assistance.
Why that's not true Tom? This coverage provided by G.M. is for you to be towed to a G.M. Dealer only for approved Mechanical or Roadside breakdowns. If you have no claim under the warranty the towing coverage can be your responsibility. If you get into an accident true they will also tow you to the closest Chevrolet Dealer, pretty sure you would have to get the repair work done with them, not like you can then tow it to a place of your choosing. I live in the middle of the Desert, the next Freeway offramp with a business is 120 miles. CAA (AAA) will tow me 100 miles in any direction, wherever I want to go. The AAA works specific local territories, the G.M. Roadside assistance is from a contracted lowest cost tow place that could come from another State, in fact they were looking for my CRUZE in Arizona, I don't live in Arizona. The one time I used them I was told it would be 100 minutes or more, they came from out of State and had problems jumping a battery as the terminals were sparking and almost touched each other shorting out my CRUZE. The local AAA tow trucks are 2 minutes away.

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Eddy has done an excellent job of articulating the differences he's experienced.

One thing I'd like to underline is that as it pertains to towing, GM Roadside Assistance will only take you to the nearest dealer. CAA, as pointed out, will offer more flexibilities.

Reactions: Eddy Cruze

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Eddy has done an excellent job of articulating the differences he's experienced.

One thing I'd like to underline is that as it pertains to towing, GM Roadside Assistance will only take you to the nearest dealer. CAA, as pointed out, will offer more flexibilities.
Hmm, now that is something to consider. You're right.

I just checked my warranty at the Chevy Owner Centre and under the Warranty Tracker, there is a section that indicates Special Coverage 38170, with an expiration mileage of 193,082
or the year 2025, whichever comes first. What in the world does this mean?? Is this something the previous owner arranged and was transferred with the resale?

OK, I just searched this forum and found this. Answered my own question.
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-g...cial-warranty-coverage-38170-information.html

·
Registered
127 Posts
Also, AAA covers the driver and not the car. You get all the benefits of AAA regardless if its your car or someones elses you are riding in. In the US you also get discounts for rental cars, hotel rooms, amusement parks, etc.... The GM warranty doesnt provide that ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts