Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just under a 400 mile road trip this weekend, over mountain passes both ways and averaged approx 47. 46+ on the way there and 48+ (almost 49) on the way back. Pleased as punch. I'll be shooting for the elusive 50 mpg next time. Glad I was able to find an ECO MT when I bought mine about a little less than a year ago.

·
Administrator
25,079 Posts
Congrats. My ECO MT will very happily pull down those same numbers through the Colorado Mountains and even higher numbers through our foothills.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I should have mentioned I used 92 octane on the trip and have been doing so for some time before it. I have noticed an obvious increase in mileage since I made the switch. Not going back. Going to start building up my hypermiling game to get those numbers up higher. Need to work on the in town stuff now - which is where I do most of my driving.

·
Administrator
25,079 Posts
Take a look at http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/27-fuel-economy/13421-hypermiling-eco-mt.html for tips specific to the ECO MT. Also, assuming you're running 51 PSI sidewall tires, pump those tires up - the car handles best around 45 PSI. I run mine at 50 PSI.

Also, just for reference to what the ECO MT can do, CruzeEcoBlueTopaz has a 2012 ECO MT with over 300,000 miles on it. His lifetime average MPG is around 48-49. I have a 800+ mile tank on my 2012 ECO MT. Point is, depending on how you drive the ECO MT is woefully underrated for both highway MPG and range.

·
Registered
310 Posts
About same for me with my '14 1.4L LTZ. I got 38.1 on a trip from MI to TN. Avg speed 60.7 mph. I typically get 32-33 driving to/from work using 93 octane about 40/60 hwy/city. Motor finally seems broken in with just over 20k now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts