Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my 2012 Cruze LT RS rocker molding clips came loose or broke on my passenger side. Body shop glued it back to the car but that only lasted about a day. It'll cost me 400 to replace it now. I'm wondering if it isn't flush with the car and there is a space between the molding and the rocker panel if it will cause damage?

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
What kind of glue did they use? That's awful, you can use a plastic welder on them if the shop has one. If it was me I would've told you right out that you need to replace it. But i don't know the extent of the damage. The only way it'll cause damage is if you hit something with it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya he said he could weld it in the spring when it's warmer. If water and dirt get into that space it won't cause rusting or anything?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Ya he said he could weld it in the spring when it's warmer. If water and dirt get into that space it won't cause rusting or anything?
As long as any metal covered by the pieces you mentioned are painted and no bare metal is exposed then there should be no corrosion. Just make sure any sand and debris is cleared out before mounting the pieces back on to avoid scratching.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's hard to tell I mean I would have to pry the plastic outwards to see anything in there. Is it plastic underneath that molding also? Or metal with paint

1 - 6 of 6 Posts