Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently been having with my 2011 Cruze (in Australia it is a Holden Cruze)
It no longer holds in first gear (or any gear) on a hill. It will start slipping down.

I do not believe it is the clutch, as there is no sign on slippage (even on big hills).
I have marked the drive belt with chalk and only to find when the car slips on the hill the belt moves.

I have read reports of bad pistons sent out with this model... does anybody know this was a localized problem or globally?

Of course the dealer wants nothing to do with this at the moment and they insist on them running their own tests on their cars in the yard.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arrange with your dealer to take the service manager for a drive so he/she can see the behaviour occurring.

Don't do anything else until you have done this, and keep pushing them until they do it and see the problem occur!

If the dealer doesn't want to do this, contact GMH customer service and harangue them.
Sorry. Should of mentioned that I've had him come for a ride, said he would try the same test on one of their cars. Haven't heard anything from him yet. He looked surprised but obviously wouldn't comment on it.

I did manage to start it with the clutch rolling backwards lol

Once it rolls, it takes about 10s to turn over.

MP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's nothing wrong with your car. The engine is a low compression 1.4L, it will not hold the weight of the car on a hill for an extended period of time.

Use your e-brake. That's why you have one.
I understand that, but when the engine won't even hold on a driveway of 5 degrees, when it used to hold on steeper grades I'm a little worried.
if the handbrake were ever to fail, it has no backup.

ive already had it fail once before which sent the car plummeting down the driveway, cross the street and smash into a tree. About 20 mins after I parked it.
Thank christ it was about 10 minutes before school kids got let out.
I put it down to an error I may have done but am now realizing that it was probably a malfunction.

MP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When the car moves backwards, it feels like it is in neutral.

I guess you are all right.
I just can't believe that I can only rely on my handbrake, and handbrake alone. No backup whatsoever. Turning the wheels towards the kerb cannot happen as the only real incline the car sits on is my driveway. No kerb there.

MP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.