Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
I have a 2012 Eco and I found that if I park in a friend's driveway(that is a steep hill) and don't set the parking brake, the car will roll backwards. I never tried this in my 2011 LS. It only happened one time never had a car turn the engine over while parked on a hill. Never thought to have it checked out.

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
Hi,

Recently been having with my 2011 Cruze (in Australia it is a Holden Cruze)
It no longer holds in first gear (or any gear) on a hill. It will start slipping down.

I do not believe it is the clutch, as there is no sign on slippage (even on big hills).
I have marked the drive belt with chalk and only to find when the car slips on the hill the belt moves.

I have read reports of bad pistons sent out with this model... does anybody know this was a localized problem or globally?

Of course the dealer wants nothing to do with this at the moment and they insist on them running their own tests on their cars in the yard.

Thanks,
Ryan

Been there! according to my dealer it is normal for a manual transmission to turn over on a hill see my post/thread. Possible Compression issue. It is not the clutch, the engine is definitely turning over one stroke at a time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.