Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forums and will have owned my 2014 Cruze a week tomorrow. I love the car except for the antenna. Why can't Chevy put a low profile shark fin antenna on the Cruze like they do with all their other vehicles?!?

Anyway, I know there have been some threads regarding the installation of the low profile antennas purchased through Visual Garage and I've also seen a nice looking product from Bad News Racing.

What are your opinions on this? I really want a current, definitive thread related to this modification. I'm 40/60 on doing it as I'm not a fan of adding extra aftermarket items. Are the antennas easy to install? Do they look really REALLY good? How is the reception? Is it worth the $80-90?

I appreciate the insight and am enjoying the conversations I'm reading in the forums. Thanks guys!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The VG shark fin is not what I would call "low profile".

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Bad News Racing sells the VG fin, so the Visual Garage (VG) is the exact same as at Bad News Racing.
I have not done it my self, but from what I have seen it is easy to install.

You unscrew the antennae mast
connect the wire from the fin
place the fin over the base on the roof, and press down to get a good seal
done

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The install takes about 20 minutes, and that includes using Dawn dishwashing liquid on the roof to remove the wax where you're going to stick the fin down.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Its as much as unsrewing your antenna, then screwing the new VG antenna on and pushing it down to seal it. Taks 5 minutes, and reception is great, I have not had a single problem it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I did the shark fin almost two years ago and needed to remove it due to really poor reception.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts