Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The group buy for the Lumbar Kit and Fog light DRL kit for the Cruze is now available.

Pricing:
Lumbar kit: $69 plus shipping ($99 retail)
DRL Kit: $219 plus shipping ($349 retail)

Purchasing Contact:
This group buy is direct through Rostra Precision Controls. Our contact there is Jeff Gohrmann. To order, call him at (248) 894-3416, and tell him you are calling from CruzeTalk.com regarding the group buy I that was discussed back in September. He will ship these out in batches.

Tutorial for Lumbar Kit Install:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/161-interior-tutorials/108618-how-install-rostra-universal-lumbar-kit.html

DRL Kit Details:
GM Official Licensed Product. 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty. LED lenses have a smoked finish. "Safety enhanced distance performance." This kit is an OEM quality kit and meets OEM quality specifications.
Rostra 260-1020-CRUZ LED Daytime Running Light System

DRL Kit Photos:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is the lumbar kit for both seats? Or 1? Meaning I have to buy 1 kit for both front seats?

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a version of the DRLs for those of us who have factory fog lights?
Not that I'm aware of.

Is the lumbar kit for both seats? Or 1? Meaning I have to buy 1 kit for both front seats?
One seat per kit. For OEM quality components, this is an excellent price.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Does the DRL kit work with the headlight harness upgrade? I like the idea, and if it is comparable it should greatly extend the life of the bulbs and make the harness upgrade just connecting a couple of grounds, the battery and pluging in the lights.

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the DRL kit work with the headlight harness upgrade? I like the idea, and if it is comparable it should greatly extend the life of the bulbs and make the harness upgrade just connecting a couple of grounds, the battery and pluging in the lights.
I see no reason why it wouldn't work. It is a fairly simple install from what I saw.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Here is some more info on those DRLs...

They are produced by a lighting manufacturer in Germany by the name of Nolden who partners with many OEMs for factory and accessory lighting. This is why their quality is top notch. They are manufactured in Taiwan though by their development partner Microlight.

The 5 LED emitters are Osram 0.5w (model unknown). I'm surprised since most DRL spec LEDs are 1.5-3.0w a piece for maxximum brightness. The optic lenses on these Nolden lamps do a good job and disbursing the light.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Rostra is a good brand my shop uses this brand for our Cruise control kits with absolute success. They are great to work with and we install a rostra part almost daily here. We have done a few lumbar kits with great results. Odd they are selling to the public like this . You should really take advantage of this.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I like them but the price is a little steep for me, I have seen DRL fog light kits for $80ish. But as I have learned before you get what you pay for. If I had the extra cash I would be jumping in on this.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Never driven a vehicle in my entire life that has the positively poorest side vision than the Cruze, adding fog lights to my Cruze was not for fog, but a necessity. Almost hit a pedestrian due to extremely poor side vision at night when making a corner.

Couldn't care less as to what they look like, don't spend hours staring at my fogs, so my question with LED's do they provide the good side night vision, and do they have the same lumen output as bulbs?

I have yet to comprehend this strange law where fogs have to be switched off with the brights on, like they are going to blind an oncoming driver if you have your brights on. Brights can do this just fine all by themselves. But is the law!

So if somebody t-bones my Cruze, will they refuse to pay the claim because even though this happened in the daytime with the fogs off, will they deny the claim because they don't switch off with the brights? Good question, but not dealing with logic, dealing with high paid attorneys only the insurance companies can afford to do anything to avoid paying a claim.

Sure a dark spot with the brights on when driving through a tree line road with deer present, can't even see the darn things, but can with the fogs on. Nothing make sense anymore. But followed the law anyway, already know the consequences of not.

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is still going right?
Yep. I wasn't yet told that this would go away, so I'm assuming it's still on. I'm going to be putting in an order for myself for another lumbar kit soon.

·
Administrator
25,205 Posts
1 Lumbar kit ordered. Sherri told me to install this kit or we would be showing up in Lordstown next year with her Toyota. :uhh:

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 Lumbar kit ordered. Sherri told me to install this kit or we would be showing up in Lordstown next year with her Toyota. :uhh:
Mike, would you mind taking pictures of the process? I don't believe my pictures are very good, and some are specific to my seat covers.

·
Administrator
25,205 Posts
Mike, would you mind taking pictures of the process? I don't believe my pictures are very good, and some are specific to my seat covers.
I'll give pictures a shot. Also, I got the group buy price.

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Looks tempting - having some additional lumbar would be nice...

And perfect, looks like he has an email address (I hate calling), haha. And he's local (based on his area code) - might be able to just pick them up instead of shipping.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts