Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My kit is still working great. I love it. My wife doesn't like riding passenger since her side doesn't have it. It holds pressure perfectly and you never have to adjust it. Highly recommended.

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Good - I'm normally comfortable in the car, but ever since I threw my back out last spring (ironically, moving her wheels), my lower back on one side can get real sore - and it definitely did on occasion during the drive to/from NC. Having lumbar would've been helpful.

While driving around down there in the CTS, I put that thing on "full lumbar" and my god did that feel great.

Looks real easy to install too.

Tempted to buy a third for the Cavalier - the Camaro seats in there have absolutely zero lower back support (I can fit my fist between my lower back and the seat back).

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
My kit is still working great. I love it. My wife doesn't like riding passenger since her side doesn't have it. It holds pressure perfectly and you never have to adjust it. Highly recommended.
yeah, i sorta expected to have to adjust it thinking it would self deflate after long period of time

it holds perfectly

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
i sat in the Buick seats, way more comfortable. they both need way more bolstering and driver support but the Buick feels plush and cozy the cruze too business

·
Super Moderator
7,475 Posts
Does anyone know which kit fits the Cruze? Part Number 250-1453: 12.25" x 9.25" or Part Number 250-1454: 10.25" x 9" or Part Number 250-1752: 11" x 9"
I saw one recommendation for the "medium" kit, but not sure whichis which. And what type should we use, the front mount or the rear mount?
http://www.rostra.com/comfortseat-automotive-lumbar-support-by-rostra.php

·
Administrator
25,195 Posts
I have one of these kits in each front seat. They hold pressure really well. I will periodically adjust the support in the driver's seat just to give my back a change of position.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Does anyone know which kit fits the Cruze? Part Number 250-1453: 12.25" x 9.25" or Part Number 250-1454: 10.25" x 9" or Part Number 250-1752: 11" x 9"
I saw one recommendation for the "medium" kit, but not sure whichis which. And what type should we use, the front mount or the rear mount?
http://www.rostra.com/comfortseat-automotive-lumbar-support-by-rostra.php
rear mount.

i used 1453 in mine

ts used medium size
obermd used a size that he didnt specify(or i didnt notice)

·
Administrator
25,195 Posts
Both mine are rear mount. I have no idea the size.

·
Super Moderator
7,475 Posts
rear mount.

i used 1453 in mine

ts used medium size
obermd used a size that he didnt specify(or i didnt notice)
So does yours seem to be the appropriate size? Would you want it smaller? I am 6' 190 lbs and I have the steering wheel all the way out and down and the seat pushed all the way back if any of that helps.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
So does yours seem to be the appropriate size? Would you want it smaller? I am 6' 190 lbs and I have the steering wheel all the way out and down and the seat pushed all the way back if any of that helps.
i think its the right size...

vid of my seat being filled with air and can see the seat bulging https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr2biUdrRvk

if you look at the seat, i ordered the size that fills in the seat between the side bolsters....dont see the point of only some of the seat (width wise) having the bladder inflate...dont know how different the seats are in different cruzes.

im 5'10 but longer in legs than torso...have seat waaaaaaaay back, but i dont think that matters, everybodys lower back is gonna be in the same spot in the seat.

·
Super Moderator
7,475 Posts
i think its the right size...

vid of my seat being filled with air and can see the seat bulging https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr2biUdrRvk

if you look at the seat, i ordered the size that fills in the seat between the side bolsters....dont see the point of only some of the seat (width wise) having the bladder inflate...dont know how different the seats are in different cruzes.

im 5'10 but longer in legs than torso...have seat waaaaaaaay back, but i dont think that matters, everybodys lower back is gonna be in the same spot in the seat.
Good video, looks like you have leather seats. Mine are cloth, but in the back of my head the leather guy is calling. How are they in the summer / winter?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Good video, looks like you have leather seats. Mine are cloth, but in the back of my head the leather guy is calling. How are they in the summer / winter?
as a rule i prefer leather over cloth

i like the cruze seats, theyre comfy for my 400 mile drive to work, i didnt try any other cruzes or their seats so cant compare...i spend more time in my tanker truck that has leather, and lumbar and 2 other back bladders and bolster bladders and seat bladders.

both get -40 in winter and 90+ in the summer, still prefer leather over cloth

21 - 35 of 35 Posts