Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting my powerstop rotors and pads(carbon-fiber/ceramic) installed tomorrow. it says to do 5 aggressive stops from 40-10 without coming to a complete stop then 5 moderate stops from 35-5 without coming to a complete stop than 5 minutes with easy driving for cooling. the mechanic doing the install says to just take it easy for the first 500 miles. is it necessary to do the 3 step break in or can i just do the 500 miles taking it easy?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah it's a pain to do the break in, someone is going to get in your way and piss you off.

I did the prescribed break-in procedure with my PowerStop disks and pads as soon as I installed them and have had no warpage in 20K mi.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
found a road to do it on and made sure to let the local police station know i was doing it. told them if they got a call for an erratic driver to just ignore it on that road. break in was easy, pedal is now nice and soft for minimal break pressure but firm under heavy breaking. still not going to smash on the breaks for a while. very happy with these brakes and rotors so far but its only been a day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.