Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Rough idle and fan runs wild after water outlet replaced!

3293 25
Hi everyone. I replaced my water outlet valve a week ago and afterwards I'm getting these codes and a cooling fan running high speed. Codes are as follows.....PO 134, PO 135, PO237, AND PO 097. I messed up and changed valve w/o disconnecting negative cable but have sense disconnected and discharged any energy before reconnecting. What an I missing still???? Thank you!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you think using a spray contact cleaner on the connections would be any help? I just can't believe that 4 different sensors all went bad after I did the install. 2 O2 sensors, turbo pressure, and another I forget at the moment.

·
The Nuclear Option
5,725 Posts
Do you think using a spray contact cleaner on the connections would be any help? I just can't believe that 4 different sensors all went bad after I did the install. 2 O2 sensors, turbo pressure, and another I forget at the moment.
More than likely the sensors aren't your issue if you've put four of them in. If the ECM is getting a realistic reading from the sensor, the connection isn't the issue either. Do you have the ability to access sensor data?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately, I do not have that ability. I also can't seem to find anyone else who has experienced this issue. I may have to suck it up and pay the dealership pricing. (Insert stomach churning noise here). Ugh

·
The Nuclear Option
5,725 Posts
Unfortunately, I do not have that ability. I also can't seem to find anyone else who has experienced this issue. I may have to suck it up and pay the dealership pricing. (Insert stomach churning noise here). Ugh
There are 3 different ways to approach automotive troubleshooting depending on the level of investment you willing to put in.

1. You can chase parts, where you use, "semi educated guesses," to replace parts until you replace the part or parts that are causing the problem. (Can get expensive, frustrating, and time consuming)

2. You can buy tools and diagnostic equipment and learn how to use them to figure out which part or parts are causing the problem. (IS expensive, time consuming, can be frustrating, but is extremely rewarding)

3. You can pay a trained technician, who already has the diagnostic equipment and the knowledge to use them, to diagnose the problem for you. (Most of the time, this is the easiest route)

This being said, I use option #2 and sometimes even use option #3 depending on my level of frustration, as I am not a professional technician.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The sensor in the outlet is the engine coolant sensor. It set a code when you refilled the coolant. I remember this happening when I did the water outlet.. Bleed the air out of the radiator tank on the white screw on the passenger side radiator tank.

Reset the codes..

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,276 Posts
For the P0097, @Blasirl has a nice post here: 2012 1.4T - tons of intake related codes

When replacing the outlet, did you unplug the blue O2 sensor cable? I think it hangs on to it, so it is likely you may have. It's also hard to seat back in, are you sure its seated correctly? I can provide pics if needed.

Lastly, you did the water outlet, not the thermostat, correct? Drivers side of the engine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.