Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

A couple weeks ago, the check engine light came on on my 2011 Cruze LT. A few days later, the car began to occasionally have a rough idle, and a few days after that the Service Traction Control warning occasionally comes on. When I restart the car, the Service Traction control light is no longer on, and the car appears to be running fine other than sometimes having a rough idle.

Any ideas as to what is causing the problem? I would rather not take it to the dealer unless it is covered under warranty (90,000 miles on the car), and would take it to a local mechanic if it is not under warranty. I don't want to get charged $60 at the dealership just for them to look at it (tight for money right now).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Some auto parts places will pull codes. See if you can find out. Without the codes, it's really a blind guess and we could have you replacing parts that aren't needed. $60 for a professional diagnosis is cheap.

The rough idle could be the PCV going out - that requires replacing the valve cover. But that's part of your powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im having the same issues, along with from a dead stop, and i go to pull off the car seems to almost stall out, sputter, the engine light is on, and stabilitrak, i did get codes also

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Im having the same issues, along with from a dead stop, and i go to pull off the car seems to almost stall out, sputter, the engine light is on, and stabilitrak, i did get codes also
Definite symptoms of the PVC cover failing. However, without the codes you're troubleshooting in the dark.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Also could be the Coil Pack or the boots/spark plugs. Make sure all the plugs are gapped correctly, boots aren't ripped, and the coil pack is all set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts