Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 and I always had an engine light on in the start position and would go away when I cranked the car on my scanner it would only tell me ev for evaporative emission and so I ignored it until I started to get rough idle or when I just crank the car. A couple of weeks ago I had a code pop up for p0496 so I looked it up and replaced the canister with hose on it. It worked fine until the next day it popped up again in the morning following a stutter. And so I’ve been looking everywhere for answers and can’t find any. A week later tonight it stalled as I was showing my buddy what I replaced trying to get info

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Did you check the evap purge valve ? Are you getting a P0496 again? Did you check the new valve to make sure its not bad?

Also read the post on the PCV system, a leak in the valve cover diaphragm can cause a rough idle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you check the evap purge valve ? Are you getting a P0496 again? Did you check the new valve to make sure its not bad?

Also read the post on the PCV system, a leak in the valve cover diaphragm can cause a rough idle.
Thanks for the reply and yes I replaced the evap purge valve and to make sure it wasn’t faulty I disconnected the hose to make sure it was making a vacuum. Even after installing the part it throws the code again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts