Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my Chevy Cruze 2012 LT (1.4 Turbo) has been rough idling since October. It stalls when it idles in park and will turn off. I have replaced the Ignition Coil, Spark Plugs, Fuel Injectors, and a few sensors ( Will have to ask the mechanic again on that one, as he just did it Friday ). My due date for my new baby is in 11 days... the car wont pass inspection. I am trying so hard not to stress out, but I have been trying to fix this car for my entire pregnancy, dumping money into it and we cannot solve the problem for some reason. It rough idles, loses power while driving, you have to hit the gas hard when making a turn so it will go, and no matter how many times we reset the computer to clear the check engine light after fixing it.. it comes back on immediately. Does anyone know what it could be? I don't think it's the PCV Valve, because it's not whistling or anything. It just shakes a lot when I stop at a light or slow down to an idle. I sometimes lose power while driving on the highway too and have to press the gas hard. Any ideas what could be wrong with it? I'm running out of time here :( and have tried almost everything to get it fixed..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had similar problems with my 2012 manual transmission. It turned out to be multiple leaks in the vacuum system. They found leaks in the purge solenoid, and an internal failure. They replaced the manifold, camshaft cover, PCV pipe, and hose. All of this was causing a lean condition and misfiring. My vehicles main symptoms were a very rough idle, often stalling within a minute or so, and reduced power and sputtering/misfiring in the 2000-3500 rpm range.

Best of luck, hope it works out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also had similar problems in my 2011 ECO automatic transmission. It rough idled and had power loss. It was an absolute headache trying to figure out what it was. It was in three different repair shops and they still couldn't fix the issue even after many replacement parts. Finally the third shop figured out it was a combination of multiple vacuum leaks, pcv valve, and a cracked valve cover. I'm sorry your cruze is being a headache, but if it makes you feel any better you're not alone! I have dumped way too much money into mine trying to fix various hoses and such that just keep failing. After I had the vaccum leak and everything fixed it's been so far so good. So hopefully yours will too. Good luck and congratulations on the baby!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze, gets great milage, 32 in city gas 4 cylinder, need any to know whjy when i stop at a light, engine hesitates, and shutters, but as soon as i step on the gas, the car runs without the hesitation, , and runs smooth?
Any commments ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts