Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if I missed a thread on this. Looking for advice. Chevy Cruze 2014 lt. Rough idle when stopped (red lights etc) car feels like it’s going to stall. Was squealing replaced water pump (per technician) didn’t fix squealing noise , had vacuum leaked fixed; fixed squealing noise but rough idling still occurs, replaced o2 sensor, replaced spark plugs but is still idling bad. Service engine soon light Is on.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
992 Posts
Could be the purge valve, is it hard to start after fueling up? Do you hear a loud ticking from the purge valve on top of the intake manifold?

PCV system issues

PCV fix kit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be the purge valve, is it hard to start after fueling up? Do you hear a loud ticking from the purge valve on top of the intake manifold?

PCV system issues

PCV fix kit
no starts up fine and no not since they replaced cam shaft seal

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
992 Posts
Then it is likely the PCV system. Might want to review the links I linked to learn more about that and how you can fix it.

·
Administrator
25,448 Posts
Quit throwing parts at it. Get a code reader and read the code. My suspicion is it's a busted PVC diaphragm, which can squeal in some situations. This will show as a P0171.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great video.! I had that outreageous noise and smoke....not far from my dealer of purchase, the service writer immediately got the "shop foreman" who did say PCV valve....took the car in and I got it back 2 days later. The top plastic cover did have that cirular diaphram regulator (round piece on the right side (driver side) of the assembly, but when I got the car back, looking at the motor, the new plastic cover was solid. I presume everything is now inside....new intake manifold among other things on the reciept, and the service writer suggested the repaires were all upgrades. (2014-2015). OK....taken care of ($$) by the 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty, and so far, so good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts