Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Rims and Wheels from tirerack.com dropped off at my grandmothers house for my return, but sadly can't get mounted until tomorrow =\ But here's a pic of the new rim up to the wheel well. They are MSW Type 23's.

Oh and with the TPMS system, don't go to the dealership to get the new rims installed. I called the local dealer and they wanted to charge me $160 to take the factory wheels off, put the new ones on and calibrate the system. I laughed and called Discount Auto Store who said they would do it for $30....

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Them's some sweet new shoes..funny, I just navigated from Tirerack.com!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah these were actually on closeout for $99! Not bad of a price for some 17's. Now I just need to find a place to powdercoat them for me haha.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm located in Garland, Tx...Right outside of Dallas. I called a few places and the prices arn't too bad...it's the 5+ day waiting time that I don't want. I've read that some people can do it either the full length of a day, or next day return which isn't all that bad. I'll only have 1 set of wheels so 5 days is a nogo! haha

·
Registered
104 Posts
Post the pics as soon as you get them on. Looks really good!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do! Waiting on my family to get them mounted...bout to go to sleep here cause it's late here in Germany...worse comes to worse i'll post pics when I debadge her when I get home in a few days =D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually they do...you just have to look at the grey painted one i think...they're like 22.3 lbs if i remember correctly. I found a place that will powdercoat them for 120 a piece which includes taking the tires off, remounting the tires, and will be able to be picked up the very next day.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why not use them as your summer ones o_O I actually like the look of them...bout to get on my lil cousins butt if they're mounted and she hasn't sent a pic of them on there yet

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanx. I just got off the phone with Discount Tire Company and they are changing out the wheels on my Cruze right now =D I should have new pics of everything mounted hopefully in less than 24 hours. Just depends whenever my 15 year old cousin isn't being a girl and take the pics and send them to me haha.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
meh that's cuase they are rims and not hubcaps lol...i HATE hubcaps...makes a vehicle look cheap

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.