Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed today when I was driving home from town that when I let off the gas while cruising in M6(1.4/auto)with the A/C on and fan on full blast the rpm's will drop around 300 rpm a second or two after I stop pressing the pedal and then will bounce back all within a second,is this normal?I noticed that this doesn't happen as far as I can tell when the A/C and fan is off and I'm thinking that it's somehow DFCO related maybe because I believe that activates about 2 seconds after you release the pedal if I remember correctly.I don't normally drive with a/c on even on the hottest summer days so that's why I'm just noticing now.

Edit:When the rpm's drop and bounce back it does not cause any engine braking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So I noticed today when I was driving home from town that when I let off the gas while cruising in M6(1.4/auto)with the A/C on and fan on full blast the rpm's will drop around 300 rpm a second or two after I stop pressing the pedal and then will bounce back all within a second,is this normal?I noticed that this doesn't happen as far as I can tell when the A/C and fan is off and I'm thinking that it's somehow DFCO related maybe because I believe that activates about 2 seconds after you release the pedal if I remember correctly.I don't normally drive with a/c on even on the hottest summer days so that's why I'm just noticing now.

Edit:When the rpm's drop and bounce back it does not cause any engine braking.
Hi
I am not sure if I am having the same issue but I noticed that too. especially at low speed when I let off the gas RPM drops fast below 800 then jumps up to 900 or 1000. When the car does this I feel the car is pulling down as if changing gear but it doesn't. once I was driving very slow and tun to the left side then suddenly engine shutdown and I am thinking its related to this issue.

Attached link to some videos I shot can show how RPM drops then jumps up.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,708 Posts
I think both of our current cars (VW with an Aisin and the Cruze with the 6T) do something similar at low speed - it's not actually shifting, but the torque converter acts like a clutch to smooth on/off power transitions so you don't feel a jolt/bump every time you touch or let off the throttle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts